Main characteristics of fiber laser:
(1) fiber as guided wave media, small core diameter, fiber easy to form density and high efficiency, can be conveniently and the optical fiber communication system, connection, characterized by a laser with high conversion efficiency, low value que, high gain, good quality of output beam and narrow linewidth;
(2) due to the excellent flexibility of the optical fiber, the laser can be designed to be compact and flexible, compact structure, small size, easy system integration, high cost performance;
(3) as the fiber has the very high “surface area / volume ratio, the cooling effect is very good, so fiber laser can work in ambient temperature – 20 ~ 70 DEG C, does not require a huge amount of water cooling system, simply air cooling can be and can work in harsh environments, such as in a high impact, high vibration, high temperature, dust under the condition of normal operation;
(4) with fairly good tunable parameters and selectivity, can obtain wide tuning range (380nm~3900nm) and fairly good monochromaticity and high stability, long service life and mean time to failure in the 10kh even more than 100kh;
(5) a high power output or short pulse output can be obtained by using a special device structure.